Saturday, April 23, 2011

ramblings#35

i am going through a lot right now. i have a lot i have learned. I have a lot i need to deal with. the biggest thing at present is showing myself who i truly am. Throughout my life i have always been confident and secure. Somewhere along the way i started depending on those around me to assure me that i was these things. I do not need that. That is not loving. That is not kind. It can not be the responsibility of anyone except yourself. I am today who i have always been. Matthew Allan Pinckard. I love who i love, but i do not expect them to validate who i am. They do not give me self worth. I know what i am worth. Love is caring about yourself just as much as you care about someone else. I have that. I always have. It was just easier to rely on somebody else to make me feel confident. Easier. Childish. But i am a better man for having gone through it, with something learned. I will not let it repeat itself. From now on, i will carry that love for myself proudly along with the love i have for others.

I have a full day ahead of me. I am strong enough to see it through. with the love for everything i know still intact. the love for myself. the love for all of those that i cherish and ultimately want the best for. the love for all that is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment