Monday, April 25, 2011

ramblings#38(beingillwithwant)

Well, something has had me for a long time. I have been the type of person that let my lust for material possessions severely affect my life. I have been ill with want to borrow a line from those wiser than i. It took me this long for me to realize that nothing that i can posses will bring me true happiness. The only thing that is really worth investing in is the relationships that you have with those around you. It is sickening to look back on the things that i valued in my heart, over the the things that i had with actual value. The real relationships i had at my fingertips waiting for me to invest in. It is abundantly clear to me now that from now on, the only thing that i will place value in is my relationships with people. I am so tired of longing for things that have no real value in my life. I am excited to start investing in friendships, placing value in people, and longing for a deeper connection with all those that i encounter. I apologize dear friends that it has taken me this long, but i will never look back. No longer will i remain "ill with want and poisoned by this ugly greed."

i'm sure that i will have many more thoughts on this. I will share them as they come.

matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment